If you are a tourist holding a visit visa in Dubai – be on the lookout for the overstaying fines. Keep a check on your visa expiry date before it’s too late.
In Dubai, tourists with a visit visa have a grace period of 10 days over the visa expiry date. If you overstay beyond the grace period without a change in your visa status – you are eligible to be fined per day thereafter.
- First day of overstaying i.e., the first day after the grace period, you will be fined AED200
- Then, AED 100 for a service fee.
- After which, you have to pay AED 100 each consecutive day you overstay.
Where can you pay the fine?
You can settle your overstaying fines at any airport, seaport, land border, immigration offices, Amer office & typing centres.
Settle your payments upon your exit from the country at any airports, seaports and/or land borders of the 7 Emirates. The immigration officers there are equipped to help you through the payment process and will help make your existing country a hassle-free process.
If you wish to settle your overstay fines before leaving the country to reduce the time consumption on your exit day – you can visit any of the local immigration offices, Amer Offices or typing centres.
Do you wish to extend your stay in Dubai?
There are two ways to go about it:
- You can extend your visit visa through any local tourism firm, which will also help you settle the overstay dues before proceeding with your visit visa extension.
- Alternatively, if you enjoyed your stay in Dubai and want to live & continue to carry your work in the city – you may consider moving to a freelance visa. This will allow you to modify your visa status to a residence visa and provide you with a work permit that will let you conduct your work legally in the UAE.
Feel free to contact us if you want to start freelancing in Dubai and want to get your freelance visa & permit sorted. When you get on board with us to start your freelance journey in Dubai, we will ensure that you get complete and comprehensive support throughout the process, therefore, making it completely hassle-free.
Contact us to learn more about freelance visa in Dubai.